Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Gone Commando!


Well, I've done it, I have gone commando. I have given up the hats, scarves and wigs! I have unveiled my fuzzy little head to friends, family and now collegues. No one has passed out or driven off the road so I think I am going to stick with it.

I shaved my head on July 16 http://tracy-breastcancerandme.blogspot.com/2008/07/head-shaving-day.html right after my first round of chemo in anticipation of my hair loss. I tried out the GI Jane look, the cue-ball look, the baby duckling look and now I am just going for the "What the heck! It's hair and I love it" look. 6 months is just too long to be bald and have to wear something on your head.

My children have been telling me for months that I look fine and don't need anything on my head. I didn't think I looked bad, I just didn't want to shock the daylights out of people. Now, about that returning grey hair....

1 comment:

Annie Searle said...

I promise everyone who reads this blog that we are going to update this self-photo with one I'll take Monday that shows Tracy with the big smile she usually has on her face.