Wednesday, January 14, 2009

All Clear?

The mammogram went well yesterday and the doctor was pleased that she didn't see anything out of the ordinary. The MRI went well also, though I do not yet know the results of that. I hope to hear from my doctor today telling me that everything looks clean and clear.

The Zometa infusion was relaatively uneventful, although it was very strange being back in the infusion room. The nurses there are great and do their best to make the experience as easy and painless as possible. The explained to me that the Zometa essentially pulls calcium out of your system and then dumps it back into the bones which is why bone and joint pain can occur.

I was hoping to get away with no side effect, but unfortunately woke up this morning achy and with chills. These are expected side effects and generally only affect people after the first infusion. I am laying low today and trying to remember that this means it is working the way it is supposed to. No pain, no gain!

No comments: