Saturday, August 2, 2008

Two down

I am at day 4 after my second chemo treatment. While knocking on wood, I will say that so far this one seems to be a little bit easier than the last one. I am still feeling OK-no pain to speak of really and my taste buds are still at least partially in tact. I don't have a lot of energy, but that is really my biggest complaint at this point.

The girls ran in a Kid's 1K this morning in Snoqualmie. Snoqualmie is definitely a small town and this event reflected that. We probably walked at least a mile before we found the beginning of the kids walk. They ended up doing great although I think it was a little harder than they thought it would be. They have never done an organized run before so really had no idea of what they were getting into.

We told them how proud we were of them and assured them that it would be easier next time. I guess that is our lesson to learn. It is always harder when you don't know what to expect and the best way to improve is to learn from your experiences. If all else fails, just believe that you can do it.

No comments: