Thursday, July 17, 2008

Metamorphosis

Yesterday I felt like just a shell and today I turned back into a real person! Today was the first time that I got out of bed willingly without having to judge if I had the energy to make it into the next room. I took a shower and didn't have to lay down afterwards. I ate 3 full meals today. These are my new measurements for a good day.

I had two appointments today. The first one was to have my white blood cell counts checked. I was concerned because yesterday I had two unexplained nosebleeds. I am happy to report that my counts came back spectacular. My doctor was very pleased and said that I must have good bone marrow :). I'm not sure what that means, but I was happy that something in my body was finally working correctly as it seems that it had turned on me over the last week.

The second appointment was to pick up my wig. This is the human hair wig that I bought with the very generous donations from my very generous friends and family. I am really happy with it. The texture is good, the cap is great, the color is close to perfect and I am having it styled by the same person who provided me with the cut I have now. I have asked him to give it a slightly edgier style than I have currently. He is the person who will be shaving my head on Saturday so I am excited to see the finished product.

I came home and picked up my kids, visited with my sister, saw my beautiful nieces and had a very normal evening without having to lay down to make it through. I am transformed, not into a butterfly, but just into me-regular, normal me. Thank God.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah! I am planning to come by and give you a hug on Saturday. I don't know how long I can stay due to another commitment. Yeah for returning to yourself! I can't wait to see the cool wig. Hugs, Kris