Thursday, September 11, 2008

Chemo 4 of 4 done!

Yippee! I finished my last chemo yesterday and I am so glad! I still have to get through this week and I can't say that I recovered very well from round 3 so we'll see how it goes. I am also pretty anemic which is not helping much. My oncologist recommends that I up my iron for at least the next 3 months to get those counts up.

I had quite a crowd with me yesterday, my mom bought me to my appointment and brought both of my girls. They have been curious about the whole process and I decided that if they wanted to watch drugs drip into me it would probably help rather hurt. I think they found that it was boring and not that scary so it was probably a good thing.

Also my friend Mary Kay came to sit and visit which was nice. She brought pictures of her recent trip to France which was good and distracting and made me want to go back!

My friend Angie came at the end and drove me home. Who knew it took so many people to get me through?

I got my tattoos for radiation this week and will start radiation on September 29th. I will do 33 times, every day for 6.5 weeks. I am doing my radiation at Valley since it is closer to the house. I understand that each appt is only about 15 minutes so I will spend more time driving there and walking into the office than I will actually at the appointment.

I am glad to be nearing the end of the treatment journey so I can get on with my life.

Speaking of getting on with life, I want to wish Annie, Lisa, Trude and Pam good luck with the 3 day that starts tomorrow. I hope you know how much you are doing for Breast cancer and I appreciate everything you are doing for the cause and for me. Keep putting one foot in front of another and keep your head high. You are doing important work!

No comments: